As part of the VCK Logistics Group, VCK Installation Services GmbH provides a logistics and implementation service for mobile communications sites. This includes planning, consulting, project management and construction as well as commissioning and maintenance of telecommunications equipment from all manufacturers in the field of mobile networks. As a general contractor, we not only relieve our customers, but also increase operational efficiency and effectiveness in the individual service phases.
Planning and design phase:
- Engineering inspections
- Detailed drawings by the planning office
- Red line drawings
- Coordination for the construction of complete 5G sites and conversion of all mobile communications technology
- Coordination of on time material deliveries and return deliveries to and from the site
- Installation of systems, cable routes, setup of radio units, setup of system technology
- Test calls, measurements and integration with the customer’s OMC
- Customer-specific documentation
VCK is the first company in Europe to offer a logistics and implementation service for mobile communications sites from a single source. The idea of linking logistics and implementation services (end-to-end responsibility) arose from discussions with customers.
The idea to link logistics and implementation services (end-to-end responsibility) came out of discussions with customers. It was implemented by Dirk Völker together with divisional head Martina Momper in a few months beginning in late summer 2018. An initial 20 VCK technicians received training and certification from the mobile communications providers and attended training at the VCK training centre in Ratingen and at the installation site. A VCK site manager takes overall responsibility for each implementation project. The first mobile communications sites for the Telefonica mobile network have already been completed in North Rhine-Westphalia and Berlin.
After the first year we can proudly say that the concept is a success for us as well as for the benefit of our customers.